Saturday, October 9, 2010

Readathon Update #1



I am doing okay. I didn't get as much read as I had hoped. Many interruptions...phone, dogs and I decided to wash my bedding. I love crawling into april fresh sheets at night, in my favorite jammies with a good book. I have found the laundry is a good idea. I have to get up and go downstairs to change it which gets me up. I finished one book and I was so into the book I sat in the same position for too long and was pretty stiff when I did get up. I finished Somewhere Inside by Laura Ling & Lisa Ling. It was a very good book. I'll be posting a review next week sometime.

Title of book(s) read since last update:1 book read, actually finished- I had started it last week.

Number of books read since you started:1

Pages read since last update:168 pages read

Running total of pages read since you started:168 pages total

Amount of time spent reading since last update:168 minutes(how crazy that my minutes and pages are the same)

Running total of time spent reading since you started: (keep track of this one to be eligible for a prize!)168 minutes

Mini-challenges completed: 2 mini challenges completed

Okay I am off to tackle Dewey, the library cat.

9 comments:

  1. extra! extra! read all about it you got the power and I am going to shout it 1 2 3 4 come on reader read some more goooooo reader yeah whoo hoo!

    You are doing great keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy those beautiful books! I hope that this little thought will bring you some encouragement:
    "Our high respect for a well read person is praise enough for literature."~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Readathon tip #418:
    Drink lots of water! Yes, it has side effects, but that just helps with…

    Readathon tip #27:
    Go for walks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the Ling sister on The Oprah Show, and their story is definitely fascinating. Great pick. Just swinging by to cheer you on. Hope all is well! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 168 pages is awesome! And I totally understand the allure of fresh sheets. I have been in bed all day so far, and even though my current sheets haven't even been on my bed a week yet, I keep contemplating changing them real quickly because there is nothing better than curling up in clean sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good so far - keep it up!

    *does a hoochie cheerleader dance*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hour 9-10

    Twist and shout your spirit knocks me out!

    Looks like you're hangin in there. Hope you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let books be your dining table,
    And you shall be full of delights
    Let them be your mattress
    And you shall sleep restful nights.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're doing great. There are so many distractions - we probably never get as much read as we want!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!