Saturday, October 9, 2010

Readathon Hour One Challenge



The fun has begun! And so has the first mini challenge!

Where are you reading from today?

I am reading from home in Wisconsin where it is a summerlike day...I may be doing some reading outside

3 facts about me …

I love pomegranates..anything pomgeranate flavor and I have to try it.
I love my coffee...the day doesn't start without it!
I brake for squirrels...okay that one is lame but I am trying to get back to reading

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?

nine books in the pile but there are more piles where those came from..
Backseat Saints(audiobook) by Joshilyn Jackson
Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
The Queen of Palmyra by Minrose Gwin
Angel Song by Sheila Walsh & Kathryn Cushman
Dewey's Nine Lives; The Legacy of the Legendary Small-Town Library Cat Who Inspired Millions by Vicki Myron with Bret Witter
Room by Emma Donoghue
Sabbath by Wayne Muller
The Recipe Club by Andrea Israel & Nancy Garfinkel
Somewhere Inside by Laura Ling & Lisa Ling


Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?

I'd be happy getting two books finished but would be really happy if I finished more.

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?

This is my third readthon I believe...my advice would be to have a template for updates and get up and move around once in awhile. I read on the treadmill at some point to keep from getting too achy. Most all...HAVE FUN! Let the fun begin!

5 comments:

  1. (Non)traditional Buddhist readathon blessing:

    Just as the books fill the shelves,
    Pile together on the floor and stack up on the table
    So may the joy of the readathon
    Flow forth to brighten your day and lift your spirit.
    Books already read, books in progress and books yet to be read.

    By the power of every word on the page
    May your book be delightful,
    As scary as Lovecraft’s Cthulhu
    Or as sweet as a box of See’s candy.

    Let the power of the images evoked by words
    Keep you stay awake long through the night
    May no obstacle impede
    Your day filled with books.

    For all of those who are reading today
    Who follow in the path of Dewey
    May your day be filled with the four blessings
    Of fabulous books, tasty snacks, comfy chairs and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can chant
    I can cheer
    get your reading into gear!

    You are off to a great start keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick? I'm envious! :) All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, pomegranates! Sounds like you've got some nice, laidback plans for today. Enjoy yourself!

    *shakes her pom-poms*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice reading list as well. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!