Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dewey's 24 Hour Mid Event Survey and Update




Mid-Event Survey:

1. What are you reading right now?
I just finished Dewey's Nine Lives and will be picking up Crescendo.
2. How many books have you read so far?
I have finished 2 books
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Backseat Saints(audiobook)
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not really..my kids are older so they pretty much do their own thing on the weekend anyway. I just had to get snacks in order.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I have had tons of interruptions...the dogs especially and a few phone calls. I learned to grab my book as I go out the door with the dogs. I kept the phone conversations short.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I am surprised at how much I am getting read considering I started the day out tired. I feel pretty good yet too which is very surprising.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Next time I will try to get more sleep the night before.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Not tired yet!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
I can't think of tips as of yet...

Update

Title of book(s) read since last update: Dewey's Nine Lives;The Legacy of a Small-town Library Cat Who Inspired Millions by Vicki Myron with Bret Witter

Number of books read since you started: 2

Pages read since last update: 306

Running total of pages read since you started: 474

Amount of time spent reading since last update: 276 minutes

Running total of time spent reading since you started: (keep track of this one to be eligible for a prize!) 444 minutes total

Mini-challenges completed: 2 mini challenges completed

Food consumed: General Tso's Chicken leftovers found lurking in the fridge, Artichoke dip and crackers, apple juice popsicle, and Minute Maid Cherry Limeade juice

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, your food sounds yummy! I went for takeout since I didn't have any leftovers kicking around that were easy to nuke, but your food sounds great.

    *waves pom-poms around*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... keep at it. The time is almost dawning and voila!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!