8 hours ago
Saturday, October 18, 2014
Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon
1. What are you reading right now? Still working on The Glass Kitchen by Linda Francis Lee
2. How many books have you read so far? I haven't finished one yet
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I am thinking of buying the new Jodi Picoult book for my e-reader for my next read
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Oh the interruptions....the dog goes out, the dog goes in, the dog has an accident...just doing the best we can and hoping he starts feeling better soon
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I am always surprised at how many new readers and blogs I find each time there is a readathon.
11th Hour Update
Pages read- 82
Food and drinks consumed- soup, apricot vanilla creme tea
How many time I have put the dog out- at least 100
I have not gotten a lot of reading done. I have read about 82 pages. The poor dog is having a time. We go in and out quite a bit. He's not made it out the door a few times so I have been shampooing carpet. Let's hope his antibiotic kicks in soon. I have had fun checking out goodreads. I hope to get more reading done soon.
Today is Read-a-thon day! I will be participating but I have to make an early run to the vet with the dog. As soon as I get back I will be reading! See you soon!
Okay I am back from the vet and ready to read! The dog has a bladder infection which is what I was expecting her to say. I came home and gave him his meds and started a pot of soup. I am ready to go. I will update on this post all day. I think I will start with the opening meme since I missed out on it.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I am in Wisconsin.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I am thinking about treating myself to Jodi Picoult's new read today. I am going to try to finish my current book first, The Glass Kitchen by Linda Francis Lee
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? The soup I have simmering in my ninja!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I I recently took in 2 rescue kitties which brings me up to 4 cats in my home. Our two new additions have brought quite a bit of life to our home. Between my adults kids, my furkids and my job, I keep pretty busy these days!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I am getting a late start since I had to make and unexpected trip to the vet but I should be able to stay up pretty late since I am a second shifter. I have participated in the read-a-thon about 9 times and I have learned the best approach is a laid back approach.
Sunday, October 12, 2014
I cannot believe it has been a year since I have posted. I did not mean to take a long break. Life sometimes happens.
Last fall my mom was diagnosed with another type of cancer unrelated to her lymphoma. This time radiation was to be the treatment. She went everyday for about 6 weeks. She also gave up her drivers license so she requires more of our time right now. My mom always was running with us kids so now it is our time to give back. My mom is doing well. For an 89 year old woman, she has a lot of spunk.
My son and his fiance also were planning a spring wedding. They planned a wonderful, fun wedding. Those are Green Bay Packer shoes on her feet! They are a fun couple! My new daughter-in-law is just a joy! I couldn't be happier for them!
Reading has not been happening for me, I have tried but my mind just couldn't concentrate with all that was going on. I also have been a workaholic which has resulted in a horrible case of Planters Fasciitis. I think it is time to slow down and get back to what I love - reading. I am going through my toppling tbr pile and plan on digging in.
Hopefully, you will be hearing from me more often now. I hope you all are well. I am looking forward to reading blogs and hearing all about new reads! I feel like I have missed out on so many books!