Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon



Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon


Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now? Still working on The Glass Kitchen by Linda Francis Lee

2. How many books have you read so far? I haven't finished one yet

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I am thinking of buying the new Jodi Picoult book for my e-reader for my next read

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Oh the interruptions....the dog goes out, the dog goes in, the dog has an accident...just doing the best we can and hoping he starts feeling better soon

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I am always surprised at how many new readers and blogs I find each time there is a readathon.

11th Hour Update

Pages read- 82

Food and drinks consumed- soup, apricot vanilla creme tea

How many time I have put the dog out- at least 100

I have not gotten a lot of reading done. I have read about 82 pages. The poor dog is having a time. We go in and out quite a bit. He's not made it out the door a few times so I have been shampooing carpet. Let's hope his antibiotic kicks in soon. I have had fun checking out goodreads. I hope to get more reading done soon.

Today is Read-a-thon day! I will be participating but I have to make an early run to the vet with the dog. As soon as I get back I will be reading! See you soon!

Okay I am back from the vet and ready to read! The dog has a bladder infection which is what I was expecting her to say. I came home and gave him his meds and started a pot of soup. I am ready to go. I will update on this post all day. I think I will start with the opening meme since I missed out on it.

OPENING MEME



1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I am in Wisconsin.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I am thinking about treating myself to Jodi Picoult's new read today. I am going to try to finish my current book first, The Glass Kitchen by Linda Francis Lee

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? The soup I have simmering in my ninja!

4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I I recently took in 2 rescue kitties which brings me up to 4 cats in my home. Our two new additions have brought quite a bit of life to our home. Between my adults kids, my furkids and my job, I keep pretty busy these days!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I am getting a late start since I had to make and unexpected trip to the vet but I should be able to stay up pretty late since I am a second shifter. I have participated in the read-a-thon about 9 times and I have learned the best approach is a laid back approach.

10 comments:

  1. Good luck! This is my first time participating in this Read-A-Thon and I'm eager to see what others are reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided not to to the read-a-thon this year, but plan on joining again next year.

    I've never made soup in my Ninja! I'll have to try it someday.

    Hope you get lots of reading done today, and hope your doggy is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Readathon! I'm in Virginia, but I'm readathoning with my friend and fellow blogger, Kim, and she's from Wisconsin too (and she's the one that first introduced me to the word bubbler). Hope you have a fantastic 9th readathon!

    #TeamHughes


    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor doggie! I hope he feels better soon, and that you and your furry kids enjoy the 2nd half of the RAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job! Don't worry that you haven't finished a book yet. Enjoy the second half of the #readathon.

    --Janel from #TeamHughes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally laughing at putting the dog out -- we have three and they've been driving me BONKERS the last couple of hours!

    Have fun reading as we hit the home stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back! Kind of like your dog, I stop by, I leave, I stop by again, and leave again...

    Your dog is cracking me up. Mostly because if I were doing Readathon at home, it'd be the same story (plus two cats vying for snuggles, treats, and for me to turn on the faucet). Fortunately, I'm doing Readathon at my friend's house and she has no furbabies.

    But don't let the pups keep you away too long from your books!

    #TeamHughes

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're doing fine. I've only read one and half books and it's hour 20! Too many interruptions, blog socializing, mini-challenges and an unplanned nap when I fell asleep on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a blast with the readathon! I did!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of these years I will get to participate in the readathon. This year I had a college visit with the oldest child. Come the spring, the readathon is on the same child's 18th birthday and I think he'd be offended if I opted to read instead of spend time with him. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!