Monday, October 18, 2010

Mailbox Monday October 18



Mailbox Monday is meme created by Marcia from The Printed Page. Marcia says,"Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists." Mailbox Monday is on tour and this months hostess is the delightful Avis of She Reads and Reads. Thank you Avis for hosting this month!




I have an amazing stack of books this week! I received one book for review. The rest are books that I got from swapping books with a book loving friend!

First off I received The Love Goddess' Cooking School by Melissa Senate. I am excited to read this book. It seems like I book I will enjoy. Thank you to Rose Marie from Inkwell Management.

Holly Maguire's grandmother was the Love Goddess of Blue Crab Island, Maine–a Milanese fortune teller who could predict the right man for you, and whose Italian cooking was rumored to save marriages. Holly has been waiting years for her unlikely fortune: her true love will like sa cordula, an unappetizing old-world delicacy. But Holly can't make a decent marinara sauce, let alone sa cordula. Maybe that's why the man she hopes to marry breaks her heart. So when Holly inherits Camilla's Cucinotta, she's determined to forget about fortunes and love and become an Italian cooking teacher worthy of her grandmother's legacy.

But Holly's four students are seeking much more than how to make Camilla's chicken alla Milanese. Simon, a single father, hopes to cook his way back into his daughter's heart. Juliet, Holly's childhood friend, hides a painful secret. Tamara, a serial dater, can't find the love she longs for. And twelve-year-old Mia thinks learning to cook will stop her dad from marrying his phony lasagna-queen girlfriend.

As the class gathers each week, adding Camilla's essential ingredients of wishes and memories into every pot and pan, unexpected friendships and romances are formed–and tested. Especially when Holly falls hard for Liam . . . and learns a thing or two about finding her own recipe for happiness.

The rest are the book I received from my book angel! Thank you book angel! I hope you enjoy the books I sent to you too.

Summer's Child by Diane Chamberlain
A Change in Altitude by Anita Shreve
The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister
Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner
The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf
Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand
A Summer Affair by Elin Hilderbrand
True Colors by Kristin Hannah
The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain
Summer People by Elin Hilderbrand
Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
Something Blue by Emily Giffin
The Last Child by John Hart
The Last Will of Moira Leahy by Therese Walsh
Catching Genius by Kristy Kiernan
Matters of Faith by Kristy Kiernan


What books made their way into your home?

20 comments:

  1. How fun to swap books with a book-loving friend! And a great stack too. Enjoy all your reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Beth...what a great haul. Great idea swapping with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...a lot of books there and so many that I want to read. Can't wait to read all your reviews.
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! That is a super week for the mailbox! I think you have the mailman in your pocket! Excuse me... can you send him back to my house!

    PLEASE!

    Here's my mailbox on Aisle B
    http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/1334890028/mailbox-monday-in-my-mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got so many books!! I've heard of most of them, but the one I most want to read is Olive Kittredge. Hope you enjoy them! Thanks for visiting my Mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pile! I want to read quite a few of them. My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Olive Kitteridge! I so want to read that one. Looks like you got an amazing stack of books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have a fabulous book angel! Enjoy all your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How much fun! Enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - what a collection this week. You have done so well. I haven't heard of many of these but I look forward to chekcing them out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my what a great swap of books -- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, great list! I'm really looking forward to reading the Melissa Senate novel. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I believe I could get addicted to the swapping book thing!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What great books you got! My daughter just gave me her copy of A Change in Altitude by Anita Shreve and I'm hoping to get to it soon!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so want to read Melissa Senate's new book! Hope you enjoy it, along with the rest of your stash.

    My MM is here: http://www.psychoticstate.net/2010/10/mailbox-monday-october-18-2010.html

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You have an awesome stack! Some of them are on my TBR! Enjoy your books - you have quite a bit of reading and reviewing to do. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that's a great pile of books! There are several there that I really want to read! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. No shortage of reading material here, Beth! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you love The School of Essential Ingredients as much as I did. Enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!