Monday, October 25, 2010

Mailbox Monday October 25



Mailbox Monday is meme created by Marcia from The Printed Page. Marcia says,"Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists." Mailbox Monday is on tour and this months hostess is the delightful Avis of She Reads and Reads. Thank you Avis for hosting this month!

I can't believe that October is almost over! Where did the month go? I didn't receive any review books this week but I am okay with that. I did get a couple books from Amazon, one book that jumped into my cart at Target, and I hit our library sale on Saturday and picked up a few goodies.



The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson (this was the book from Target)
The Girl With The Dragon tattoo by Stieg Larsson
(I felt like I was the only person not to have read these books so I decided to pick them up)
Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin (I bought this used on Amazon but it actually ended up being a brand new book)
My Name is Mary Sutter by Robin Oliveira (this has been on my wish list for quite some time)




These are my library sale finds. They were each a dollar so I only spent $5 and I got a few books that have been on my wish list. There weren't too many donated books this time. Most items were withdrawn from the library.

Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon
(audiobook)
Little Bee by Chris Cleave
A Matter of Class by Mary Balogh
Fatally Flaky by Diane Mott Davidson
The Girls from Ames by Jeffrey Zaslow

Now I am off to see what wonderful books made their way into your home!

27 comments:

  1. I have the Larsson books on my TBR mountain. Don't know when I will get to them as I have alot of review books . I didn't go to our library book sale this past week either as I haven't read one book that I got at the last one. I donated alot of books though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the variety in your mailbox. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book at Target was looking for a good home! You found some great buys at the book sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved a Matter of Class, it's a short novella but wait for the ending... what a kicker :)

    Some great bargains and love library sales too.

    I have the same Larsson books and both are on Must read soon list.

    Another smashing success for your mailbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to know I'm not the only one who finds that books jump into their cart! No idea how that happens. ;) Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I know all about those books that jump into the cart...LOL

    Your books look good.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen the Larsson books all over bloggyland, thinking I am probably the only one who hasn't read them.
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  8. Home to Holly Springs was amazing! If you like the Mitford series, I'm sure you'll love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you got so many wonderful books this week! So much fun! Looking forward to seeing what you think of the Dragon books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to get to the Larsson books.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must be the only one who hasn't read Stieg Larsson's books... Great books and hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you got a lot of goodies! I really need to get my hands on the Larsson books, there's just not enough time in the day!

    I've heard the Mary Sutter book was good...hope you enjoy them all!

    HERE is my mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your new books! I really enjoyed My Name is Mary Sutter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are not the only one who has not read the Larrson series. I picked them up in August and still have not read them :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got stieg Larsson books in your mailbox too! I hope I'll enjoy his books as much as everyone else has. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of goodies in your box. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've read only one of the Larsson books and couldn't put it down till I finished. You have a lot of good stuff there. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your collection!

    I thought the Larsson books were as good as everyone says :-).

    I need to pick up Diane Mott Davidson again, but it's been so long, I don't remember where I was in the series.

    There's others there that look good to me as well, so I'll just wish you happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You got some great books! Most of them are on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I can't wait to read My Name is Mary Sutter. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have some good ones - a lot of fun reading ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  22. YOUR reason is exactly the same as MY Reason why I picked up the Stieg Larsson books! I've only read the first (review books are getting in the way! LOL!) .. but ... you won't regret getting them. You'll only regret not being able to read them all in one go!

    GREAT book week - My Name is Mary Sutter is also sitting on MY wishlist!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're not the only person who hasn't read Girl With The Dragon Tattoo yet. I saw the movie, and now I want to read all the books.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I liked Home to Holly Springs and Mary Sutter

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lots of good ones! I love sales. I think I'm the only person around who didn't like Mary Sutter.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sales are hard to resist! I enjoyed The Girls from Ames. Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!