Sunday, April 10, 2011

Salting Roses



Salting Roses by Lorelle Marinello

I loved this story. Gracie Lynne Calloway was abandoned on a front porch as an infant. She is raised by her "uncles" who found her. Artie and Ben raised Gracie along with the help of Alice, Ben's wife who lives next door. Gracie thought she knew exactly who she was until the day Sam Fontana comes to town to tell her she is a missing kidnapped heiress. Gracie has to figure out who she really is and what is the truth about who her parents really are. The story is full of wonderful, well-developed characters. Artie and Ben are very loving and gentle with Gracie. Gracie is a very funny, headstrong gal who I completely adored. Her interactions with Alice cracked me up. Alice is determined to turn Gracie into a lady while Gracie would much rather run around in jeans and a t-shirt. I couldn't help but love the little town of Shady Grove. It had a great small hometown feel to it. It's the kind of place where everyone knows everybody and their business. I loved this book even though it did seem to move a bit slow in parts. Maybe I was just anxious to know how it all would turn out. Get yourself a seat on the front porch, grab a glass of sweet tea and and read this book. It's a lovely Cinderella type story that will leave you feeling good. You won't be disappointed.

I received this book for my honest opinion from the publisher through Librarything's Early Reviewers Program

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like one for my TBR list. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a fun one, wasn't it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds wonderful! I think it's funny that you said it seemed to move slow in parts, but maybe that was because you were anxious to see how it all turned out. THAT'S what a good book does to you! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds like such a lovely, heartwarming story. Will add to my wishlist. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!