Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon Hour 24 and End Survey

I so did not make it. About 10:40 last night I moved to my bed because I was getting uncomfortable in my bed. About 11:30 my book smacked me in the face because I had fallen asleep. I was done. While I didn't get as much reading done as I had hoped, I had fun and felt good about what I did read. How did you all do? I saw some crazy reading totals out there. Oh how I envy those readers! All in all it was fun and I will do it again. It has gotten me very motivated to get some of these books piling up read. It is gorgeous outside finally today so I will be taking my book and heading outside later.

Total pages read:469
Total Minutes Read:520


Not earth shattering totals but that's okay. I had fun. Thanks for all those who helped behind the scenes and those that cheered us readers on!


End of Event Survey

1. Which hour was most daunting for you? About 11:30 pm my book hit me in the face..quite undaunting!

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I started Night Road by Kristin Hannah and it grabbed me from the beginning

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope I think the Read-a-thon is just fine the way it is.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I think it all worked well

5. How many books did you read? I finished one and started another

6. What were the names of the books you read? Salting Roses and started Night Road

7. Which book did you enjoy most? Night Road

8. Which did you enjoy least?-

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I was not a cheerleader.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the Readathon! My daughter came home around 11:30 last night from a date, so that woke me up again for a little while. I fell asleep around 1 AM reading. My daughter woke me when she went to bed and I was too tired to move. I finally crawled up to bed around 4AM.

    I am glad to hear that Night Road was good - I plan on reading that one this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTG on the Readathon! Night Road was a good pick, because it really does hold your attention (it's just that good!). I didn't reach my goal (and, I too, fell asleep a couple of times), but I still had fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!