Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon Hour 1



IT"S HERE! I have been anxiously awaiting today..Dewey's 24 Read-a-thon has begun!
To start we have a getting to know you post

1)Where are you reading from today? Southeast Wisconsin

2)Three random facts about me…
I am the mother of 3 wonderful kids
I have no water this morning-try making a pot of coffee with little bottles of water..
I have to have my morning coffee..otherwise it could be ugly

3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? 7 actual books and several on my Nook-I have a book for every mood

4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? I am just winging it today. (Actually I would just be happy with the water coming back on-it's tough to live without water)

5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time? Make a template for your update posts(which I haven't done yet) and most of all have fun!

I am starting off with Salting Roses by Lorelle Marinello and a cup of Chocolate Decadent Coffee from World Market (which sadly closed in our area). I will be having some greek yogurt and a banana to start the day. Have fun everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you get your cup of coffee. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in Southeast Wisconsin too! How funny ... I'm having my second cup of coffee right now (sorry!) and sending a turn-on-the-water prayer to you as I type this.


    Did it work?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!