Monday, April 25, 2011

Mailbox Monday April 25




It's Mailbox Monday! I love checking out everyone's mailboxes and adding books to my wish list. Be sure to check out all the posts over at Passages To The Past where Amy is hosting Mailbox Monday this month. Thank you Amy!

Spring is finally here in Wisconsin. It could be warmer but we will take what we can get. I even saw a fly yesterday. It's funny to see bugs after not seeing them all winter long.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. We got my oldest son moved back in. We had to disassemble his box spring to get it upstairs..I don't recommend doing this. It took hours to take it apart and rebuild it. He'll be buying a new bed when he moves out again.

I had a great mailbox week. I received one book for review, I purchased one book, and I received my win from Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon. If you have never participated in the Read-a-thon you should consider it. I always have a good time even if I don't get much reading accomplished. The next one is scheduled for October 22, 2011 so mark those calendars!




This tote bag and a book were my win from the readathon. The tote bag is so cute and will be very handy for trips to the library. I didn't know what book was going to come with the tote bag so this was a very nice surprise. I received Don't breathe A Word by Jennifer McMahon. It looks like a good book. This was a win from Harper Collins. A special thank you to all that donated and supported the Readathon.





I received The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin from St Martin's Press through Librarything Early Reviewers Group.

Next up I bought The Bird Sisters by Rebecca Rasmussen. This book has intrigued me since I heard of it. After reading so many wonderful reviews and recommendations for it, I had to buy it. It just go to show that book blogs do sell books! I am constantly hearing about books I might have otherwise missed.

So what wonderful books made their way into your home?

20 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to the American Heiress! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so much about The Bird Sisters. It has really hit the wave of reviewers and all positive stuff too.

    Nice to hear that the son has moved but in safely despite the bed springs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that tote! I've not participated in any of the readathons, maybe someday:) I am intrigued by The Bird Sisters as well and have it added to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great week! All of your books look good and I always love bookish tote bags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your win!! Love the tote bag. I wanted to participate in the read-a-thon but had previous plans :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got The Bird Sisters, too...and I have An American Heiress on my wish list.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tote! Great books. I'm reading DON'T BREATHE A WORD right now and hope to read the other two. Enjoy!!

    Moving is awful isn't it? And that's not even taking apart a box springs - ick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the tote bag! All 3 books are ones I want to read so I am looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great bag and some lovely titles there.
    enjoy

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. The American Heiress looks like a great book- happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice wins, review book and buy! Hope you enjoy The Bird Sisters as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness I am in love with that tote! Congrats on the win. I am really hoping that by Oct readathon I won't be working Saturdays so I will be able to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a treat waiting for you in The Bird Sisters! I want to read Don't Breathe a Word.

    Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy your books. Wisconsin is too cold for me in the winter but so beautiful in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can never have to many book bags. Your's is wonderful. I'm so excited about The Birds Sister and The American Heiress. Have fun reading.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your win! Every single book you received is a book I want to read, too! I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've seen Don't Breath A Word around the blog world. It looks very intense and a great read! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that tote bag...BookClubGirl's blog talk radio shows are always alot of fun.

    Hope you enjoy all your new books :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!