Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bookie Friends Favorites Challenge 2012

Bookie Friends Favorites Challenge

I have decided to try this challenge. You post 5 of your favorite reads and your fellow participants do the same. Then you read 3-12 books from the others favorites lists. Vicki at I'd Rather Be at the Beach is hosting this challenge. You can read more about it here. Here are the rules:

Rules:
Challenge starts January 1, 2012 and ends December 31, 2012

1. Write a post on your blog about joining this challenge
Add links to your 5 favorite books
Don't forget to add the challenge button

2. Click on the "Sign Up" tab on the Bookie Friends Favorites Blog and leave the link to your challenge post, not to your blog's home page.

3. Visit the other participants and choose 3-12 of their favorite books to read.
You can choose them all at once or as you go.
Add the title to your original post, making sure to link back to the person whose favorite it is.

4. As you read each book:
Post a review on your blog and leave the link on the post for that months book reviews.


Now for the hard part, my list..I had a hard time narrowing it down to five. I have so many more books that I wanted to add. I decided to leave off the books almost everyone has read which made it a bit easier.

My Favorites


1. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman
2. Every Last One by Anna Quindlin
3. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
4. Left Neglected by Lisa Genova
5. Eternal on the Water by Joseph Monninger

The Books I May Read and Whose They Are(this is subject to change)

1. Ghost on Black Mountain by Ann Hite (Alaskan Book Cafe)
2. June Bug by Chris Fabray (I'd Rather Be At the Beach)
3. Waterfall by Lisa T.Bergen (Christian Bookshelf Reviews)
4. Leota's Garden by Francine Rivers (Passions of My Life)
5. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (The Introverted Reader)

12 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining! I'm adding Eternal on the Water by Joseph Monninger to my list for this challenge.

    I hope you love June Bug as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like fun! It would make a cool spirograph to chart who picks whose book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun challenges you've picked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool-sounding challenge! I'm concentrating this year on challenges that fit my reading goals for the year (getting the TBR shelves down is a BIG one). Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I created my own challenge too read fellow bloggers fave books...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a challenge junkie and this one sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! And I love Chris Fabrey - great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your book choices! I have chosen Left Neglected from your list, as I have it sitting on my shelf and have been meaning to get to it! I just might try some of the others, if time permits this year! Glad to see you along for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I chose Saving CeeCee Honeycutt off your list!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!