Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: Speak (August 4, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0142419400
ISBN-13: 978-0142419403

Summary

Anna can't wait for her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a good job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's not too thrilled when her father unexpectedly ships her off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair, the perfect boy. The only problem? He's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her crush back home. Will a year of romantic near-misses end in the French kiss Anna awaits?

My Thoughts

I thought this was an adorable read. Anna is a character that is easy to love. She is a fish out of water when she starts school in Paris. She can't speak the language and doesn't know a soul. As she settles into her new school, she meets the handsome Etienne St. Clair, who made me a bit nervous. He is the guy girls like to fawn over and he is in a relationship. That made me a bit nervous for Anna. Anna has a possible love interest back home but St. Clair makes her feel things she knows she shouldn't. She is determined to remain just friends. Will she be able to pull it off? Well, you'll just have to read and find out for yourself.

Anna and the French Kiss took me waaaay back to those school days, full of high school and teenage angst. I wouldn't go back there for all the money in the world but it sure was fun to live through Anna for a short time. This is one of those books that leaves you feeling good at the end. Pure fun!

Thank you to all those bloggers and reviewers out there who recommended this book! I would have never read it if not for those recommendations! This was so outside my usual reading genre but I enjoyed it very much!



I borrowed this book from my public library

7 comments:

  1. I want to read this one too. I have a teen who loaned this to me over the summer but I never made time for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grabbed this one when it was free for the Kindle and keep forgetting that I have it. Hopefully I'll get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seen this one all over the blog sphere. You're right that living back highschool years through book characters is okay but I wouldn't want to go back either!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of those I really want to read too. It just sounds too cute to miss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the opposite, I'd love to go back to high school!

    Sound like a good book!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!