43 minutes ago
Monday, November 15, 2010
Mailbox Monday November 15
Mailbox Monday is meme created by Marcia from The Printed Page. Marcia says,"Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists." Mailbox Monday is on tour and this months hostess is Julie from Knitting and Sundries. Thank you Julie for hosting!
This week I received two books for review, two books I bought for the Okra Picks Challenge and one book that my mom passed on to me. All books have been linked back to Goodreads if you wish to read more about them.
1. Southern Plate by Christy Jordan (Okra Picks Challenge)-I glanced through this when it came and there are many easy comfort recipes I will be anxious to try out and Christy Jordan is a doll!
2. I Still Dream About You by Fannie Flagg (Okra Picks Challenge)Fannie Flagg! Need I say more? I think not!
3. The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens For review from Alfred A. Knopf Books to be released on April 5, 2011. This looks like an excellent children's series.
4. The Heroine's Bookshelf by Erin Blakemore For review from Harper Books through a member's giveaway on Librarything. I'm looking forward to reading about my favorite authors and their characters.
5. Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury This is from my mother. She told me not to pick it up until I could read it straight through. She says I won't want to put it down.
I have been reading The Distant Hours by Kate Morton for what seems like forever. I hope to get it done this week. It is good but it is a bit more involved than some of my usual reads. I'm finding I need to read it a bit more slowly.
So what treasures made their way into your home?