Saturday, August 21, 2010

Holly's Inbox: Scandal in the City



Holly's Inbox: Scandal in the City by Holly Denham

Summary from the back of the book:

Dear Holly, isn't it shocking...?

Things are finally going Holly Denham's way: she's in love, she's getting the recognition she deserves at work, and her friends and family have graciously opted to avoid disaster for the moment.

Just when Holly is starting to settle into her new life, scandal erupts and Holly finds herself-and her in box-at the center of a gossip whirlwind that threatens everything she's worked so hard for.

Written entirely in emails, this follow-up to the UK smash hit Holly's Inbox will keep you glued to its pages as the scandal running rampant in the city threatens to ruin Holly's hard-earned and long-awaited happiness.

My thoughts:

I read Holly's Inbox by Holly Denham just a short time ago and I really loved it so it was no surprise that I felt the same about this installment of Holly's life. The book is again told through email format which I find delightfully sinful! Holly's life is both fun and complicated. She seems to have it all together in the beginning of the book with a new job promotion and a great boyfriend, but as Holly's life goes we know it won't be that way for long. Chaos soon rears it's ugly head and life for Holly takes an ugly turn. All of Holly's old friends are back and a few new ones emerge too. This book was one I couldn't put down. I found myself reading at the stove cooking dinner. The book looks like a chunkster with over 500 pages but the emails read fast and one could easily polish this book off in a day. Once you get wrapped up in Holly's hilarious antics you won't want to put it down. As with the other book, I found myself laughing out loud. I only hope we will be blessed with more installments Of Holly's crazy life. I want more! As the book ended I could only imagine where Holly's life will go next. This book could stand alone but I highly recommend reading both books. You don't want to miss a moment of Holly's crazy life! I would give both books five stars!

I received this book for review courtesy of April at Sourcebooks. This in no way influenced my review.

6 comments:

  1. I bought this a couple of weeks ago and my daughter took it with her (she liked the first book). I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought both of the Holly's Inbox books were great fun! With the way this one ended, I'm hoping there's going to be another one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it too...I want more Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted to read these. I need to track them down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope there's a part 3 in the works, too! Both of these books were such fun, and the e-mail format really works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    Joining u thru another book blog.

    Thanks for the reviews on the Holly's Inbox books.
    I have overlooked these but must seek them out.

    carol

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!