Monday, May 10, 2010

Mailbox Monday May 10



Mailbox Monday is a meme where you can post what books came into your home during the week. It is hosted by Marcia over at The Printed Page. Go on over and check it out. Be warned though it can lead to large TBR piles and wish lists!

First off, Happy Belated Mother's Day! I have not been around much this past week. Both my daughter and one of my dogs have been having health issues and I had to help out with a Mother's Day brunch fundraiser for my son's school. I received a couple of wins this past week. So last week was just insane around here. I am hoping for a much quieter week this week. I did receive a couple of wins this past week which brightened my week immensely!



Small Change by Sheila Roberts

Synopsis
"At their weekly craft group meeting, Rachel, Jessica and Tiffany admit they share a difficult secret: they're all struggling with major financial problems. A sudden divorce has turned Rachel from a stay-at-home mom to a strapped-for-cash divorcee about to enter the workforce for the first time. Tiffany admits that her spending has been out of control for years, and as her credit card bills have gone through the roof, her marriage has become increasingly rocky. And Jessica just had the rug pulled out from under her. After struggling her entire life to make ends meet, she's just gotten engaged to a man with a big bank account...and now he's asked her to sign a pre-nup.

As the women struggle to bring balance back to their checkbooks--and their lives--they learn some important lessons: that making a series small changes in one's spending habits can make a big difference—and that some things in life, like good friends, are truly priceless.

This book was a win from OutnumberedMama over at Busy Moms Who Love to Read. It was autographed and sent by Sheila Roberts which tickled me to no end! Thank you so much to both OutnumberedMama and Sheila!

I also won an Amazon gift card courtesy of Missy of Missy's Book Nook in celebration of her having 200 followers! Thank you Missy. I am not sure which books are coming off the wish list and making their way into my home. I am still trying to decide.

What fun books made their way into your home this past week?

12 comments:

  1. Winning is so much fun! I envy your amazon card! Happy shopping! Here's my Mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! How fun! Sheila Roberts is one of my favorite authors. I am reading this one now and really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any books by Sheila Roberts, but this one sounds good.

    Have fun reading!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover of this book...hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your books and using your gift card! I didn't get one book in the mail last week....oh well, I have plenty to read until next Monday. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I certainly understand about busy days with the kids... Small Change sounds like a practical and fun book to read. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to read Sheila Roberts' books. They always look so good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a nice Mother's Day and that the kids and the dogs are ok!

    Small Change looks like a book that I would enjoy reading. I will look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice wins. I enjoyed Small Change!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmm, i've never read sheila roberts...and now that summer is coming i'll have more time. i'll wait for your review before adding this one to my list.

    congrats on the big win--buying books with no guilt is such fun!

    --nat @book, line, and sinker

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm only a week late returning your visit... sorry about that. It was a busy week! (not that you're not important. You are!)

    This looks like a good one. I know people who I'd pass my copy along to...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!