Thursday, December 31, 2009

Truly, Madly by Heather Webber



Synopsis(borrowed from Barnes and Noble)

When psychic matchmaker Lucy Valentine is hired by a new client, she's shocked to find he has a skeleton in his past--literally.

My Review

Truly, Madly is a quick, fun read about a quirky gal who has some psychic abilities. She comes from a long line of matchmaking psychics but after an electrical shock she no longer has the same abilities as her matchmaking family. She now sees lost objects and sees scenes when she touches the hands of certain people. She is not too sure what to do with this ability. She has to take over the family matchmaking business due to some unpleasantries on her father's part. While doing so she stumbles across a mystery which needs solving. There is a hunky private investigator, a great mystery, a little romance, and lots of fun in this book. I loved Lucy Valentine even though sometimes I thought she made a lot of trouble for herself by keeping secrets. All in all it is a most enjoyable read and I can't wait to read more of Lucy's adventures. I will be looking forward to reading more books from Heather Webber. The book was light and fun!

I received this book courtesy of Barnes and Noble's Sneak Peek program. Thank you to them.

4 comments:

  1. I got this from Goodreads and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next book in the series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound like fun - I've kinda had my eye on it. Maybe I'll read it in February!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just heard about the Sneak Peak program. I never read the announcements posts so it's my own fault I didn't know about it. I've done some of the First Looks. I think the next Sneak Peak has sign ups tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done B&N First Looks since they started the program but haven't done the last few because it's too darn hard to sign in now! I did get this book from two places (don't know how that happened) so maybe I can chime in a bit at B&N. It sounds like a cute read that's perfect for this time of year. Great review!

    (Love your background!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!