Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Chocolate A Love Story



Chocolate A Love Story by Max Brenner is a very different cookbook. There are no pictures of the finished recipes but there is fabulous artwork by Yonatan Factor. The book reminds me of the seventies and is very interesting. I did not know anything about Max Brenner when I received the book so I started by looking up Max Brenner who I learned is the owner of some pretty spectacular chocolate restaurants located around the world. Check out his menu! After learning more about Max I dove into the cookbook. There are some pretty spectacular recipes such as Heaven-on-earth cocoa tarte tatin, Meaningless sweet spaghetti, and a Philosophical highly concentrated fudge brownie. There are 65 chocolate dessert recipes in the book. While all these recipes sound delish, I think they are way out of my league. However I do have a brother who is a chef who I know will love these recipes. The cookbook is quite interesting and if you are a gourmet chef or someone who likes to pretend they are, you will love this book. It would also make a great gift for someone who is more skilled in the culinary department than I am. If you received this book I would love to hear what you thought of it.

I received this book from Hachette Book Group for review. A special thanks to them.

6 comments:

  1. This looks like an interesting cookbook. I would love to eat some of the creations, but like you I am sure that making them would be way to hard. My skill in the kitchen is very limited. I am always looking for cookbooks that have the word "easy" in the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess What - I have an award for you.

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2009/12/honest-scrap-award-yaaaaaaaay.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is the perfect cookbook for me! I am a chocoholic! Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've glanced through this book and I know what you mean about the recipes. I might give one a shot after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cookbook sounds lovley,but not for me. I have trouble with making easy recipes, so this one would make a great gift for my parents. They can cook the lovley and yummy recipes and I will eat them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I passed my copy on to my brother, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!