Monday, November 14, 2011

Mailbox Monday November 14


Happy Monday! Thank you all for your well wishes for our dogs! Our older dog, Cooper is getting around a little better and our other dog, Jake has finally turned the corner. He is doing much better and even eating without me begging him to eat. Hopefully his stitches will come out today. That will make him a happy camper.

We seem to have a flu bug floating around our house. Lots of coughing going on. I haven't been this sick in a long time. I stayed in bed most of the day yesterday and feel somewhat better today.

It's Monday and we all know what that means! Mailbox Monday! This month Mailbox Monday is back home at Mailbox Monday hosted by Marcia. Thank you Marcia for creating MM! My wish lists wouldn't be the same without you!

These four books came over the past two weeks. One was a purchase, one was a win from Dewey's Read-a-thon donated by Crystal at My Reading Room (thank you Crystal!), and two are for review.


The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt by Caroline Preston


I have read so many fantastic reviews for this book and I had to see it for myself and purchased it. The story is told through Frankie Pratt's scrapbook. I love anything nostalgic so this will be right up my alley!

The Baker's Wife by Erin Healy


This was my win from Dewey's Read-a-thon courtesy of Crystal. This was on my wish list so I was happy to win it!


The Magic Room by Jeffrey Zaslow


I received this book for review from Gotham Books through Librarything Early Reviewers

How To Save a Life by Sara Zarr

I received this book for review through Amazon Vine

So that is what came into my home the past two weeks. What wonderful reads made their way into your home?

25 comments:

  1. Great mailbox! I've heard great things about The Scrapbook of Frankie. Enjoy all your new reads! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look of these books...The Magic Room...and The Baker's Wife. Hope you enjoy them all.

    Hope your flu goes away quickly! Rest....

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better quickly. My mom enjoyed The Baker's Wife. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have all sorts of fantastic goodies! I've heard a lot of great things about The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bunch of books in your mailbox this week! I hope you continue to feel better as well as your dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frankie Pratt is wonderful. And the bonus? You can read it in a couple of hours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Baker's Wife sounds very interesting! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like you, I read so many great reviews of the Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt that I can't wait to get my review copy. Enjoy all your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Baker's Wife sounds interesting.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/mailbox-monday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope everyone is feeling better at your house, the dog too.

    The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt looks like it would be different in an enjoyable way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are in for such a treat with Frankie Pratt! I hope you love it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I kept seeing The Baker's Wife in the early review giveaways and it sounds interesting. Hope you enjoy your books

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I've been wanting to read that Scrapbook one. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great mailbox! I hope you enjour your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am dying to read Frankie! I hope you feel better soon. I had something similar last week and now my husband has it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your new books...they all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have heard really good things about The Baker's Wife! Enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Frankie Pratt looks good. I'm curious to see how they incorporate the scrapbook in the storytelling. Happy reading

    Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great mailbox. The Frankie Pratt books looks very good.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you feel better soon! I hadn't heard of any of these books before, though I recognized Jeffrey Zaslow's name (I read The Girls from Ames). Enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Baker's Wife and The Scrapbook both appeal to me. I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I so need to get my hands on that scrapbook too!!! All of them look great..enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've read fab reviews for 'Frankie Pratt'. Hope you love it!
    I had the cold for ten days and now the cough is still hanging on. Hope you feel better soon. Yay for the dogs doing better :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the sound of The Bakers Wife. Will await your review.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm finishing up Frankie Pratt now and am loving it. The Baker's Wife sounds really good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!