Grr..I have had sooo many distractions..the phone keeps ringing and I have had visitors to boot. Now on a normal day the phone wouldn't ring and no one would stop by. I finally gave in and finished dinner and cleaned up. The dogs are fed and I have a pot of coffee brewing. I will read tonight even if I have to tie people up! On a good note..I won a prize. My name was drawn in a random participant drawing. How cool is that!
Title of book(s) read since last update: Still working on Salting Roses..
Number of books read since you started: -
Pages read since last update: 40
Running total of pages read since you started: 128
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 90 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 270 minutes
Mini-challenges completed: 3
Food consumed since last break: pita chips and hummus, diet cherry Dr. Pepper, water, pot roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, carrots.
I am off to drink coffee and read. We may see bad storms after midnight they say so it may not be a good night for sleeping anyway.
Mid Event Survey
1. What are you reading right now? Still reading Salting Roses
2. How many books have you read so far? less than 1 too many distractions. Next time I need a hotel room in undisclosed location!
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Night Road by Kristin Hannah
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I thought I did but apparently it's not working.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I have had so many interruptions..phones calls, people stopping by, dogs needing attention. I have rope now and whoever gets in the way will be hog tied!(Just kidding!)
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I won something..yay!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I think the read-a-thon is run like a fine oiled machine! For me I need to go into hiding next time at a top secret location!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? See above
9. Are you getting tired yet? Nope I am ready to go...for now
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? I am not very successful at this point so I don't know if I should be giving advice. I am thinking unplugging the phones is a good idea and putting a quarantined sign on the front door might be a good thing!
2 hours ago