Monday, April 16, 2012

Mailbox Monday April 16


It's been a few weeks since I have posted. Sorry for being so absent but I am still trying to adjust to working full time. It's getting easier juggling my time but I still have a ways to go. I do miss blogging so I am going to try to make time for blogging and commenting.

Mailbox Monday is being hosted this month by Cindy's Love of Books. Cindy has the most gorgeous blog! Be sure to pop over there and check it out.

I received some books in the mail since my last post. I purchased the books but the audiobooks came as a surprise for review.

For Review


The Sins of the Father by Jeffrey Archer

This is the second book in the Clifton Chronicles. I really enjoyed the first installment so I am looking forward to continuing on with the storyline.

Farther Away by Jonathon Franzen

This is an audiobook of essays. This has me very curious.


Both of these books have been on my wishlist thanks to all the great reviews they have received from fellow bloggers! Both have great covers, don't you think?

Looking For Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gregg Gilmore

A Grown-up Kind of Pretty Joshilyn Jackson


The DASH Diet Cookbook: Quick and Delicious Recipes for Losing Weight, Preventing Diabetes, and Lowering Blood Pressure by Dr. Mariza Snyder, Dr. Lauren Clum and Anna V. Zulaica

This is the new lifestyle I am trying to follow. It is to help lower my blood pressure. It seems to be helping and is actually easy to follow, at least for me.

So that is what came to my mailbox recently. What wonderful reads made their way into your home?

16 comments:

  1. A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty is Joshilyn Jackson's best - I think you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i love cookbooks. I hope you enjoy it. Look forward to hearing what you have to say about the cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Joshilyn Jackson is on my wish list....and I'm also curious about Farther Away. I've read a couple of books by this author.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeffrey Archer is an author we feel a bit embarassed about liking in the UK; ever since his perjury conviction he's been very uncool and something of a figure of fun. But it's hard to deny he knows how to deliver a page-turner! Enjoy your week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I imagine it's difficult to to find a balance with working full-time and trying to do everything you did before, including keeping up with your blog.

    I'll be waiting to hear what you think about Jeffrey Archer's book. I've been curious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How are the recipes in that cookbook? I've started looking for books more friendly to the lactose intolerant, and the smoothie section in the preview suggest it might be one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth,

    It must be difficult getting back into the stringent routine necessary when you work full time, especially when you have a family to organise as well. I guess with the economic situation as it is worldwide, just being able to come by a full time job is quite an achievement, I am totally jealous!

    Make sure that you still make some 'me' time for your reading.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beth, I'm glad to see a post from you. I've been missing you. You'll get your rhythm figured out eventually and if that means you post once a month, we'll still be here listening. :-)

    Take care and hope the new job is going well. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not read Jeffrey Archer in awhile. May have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Sins of the Father is on my wish list. I really liked the first book and can't wait to see what happens after that cliff hanger!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eventually all will even out with work and life! I love to blog too and so I try to find time nightly to comment on blogs while leaving most of my post creation on a weekend morning!

    Loving the books you received!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to see you here this week. It will take a bit to get your new routine settled but don't worry, we'll still be here. Nice group of books this week btw.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm trying to adjust to a fuller work schedule too. It takes time. I've read great things about A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The audiobook of essays really intrigues me! I can't wait to see what you think of it. All of the books that you have received look great. Enjoy!

    New to your blog!
    Stephanie @ Stepping Out of the Page

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't worry about not posting; we'll be here when you have time for the blog! :) Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to read Jackson's book. The Dash cookbook sounds good. I had high blood pressure for a bit. I came home, cut out salt and lost a bunch of weight and now my blood pressure is fine. It does work so good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!