Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mailbox Monday January 31...on Tuesday



Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists! Mailbox Monday was started by Marcia at the Printed Page. Mailbox Monday is now on tour and this month's host is Rose City Reader. Thank you for hosting the month of January. Next month's hostess is Laura at Library of Clean Reads.

I am late with my Mailbox Monday post. I am getting ready for the big blizzard that should be arriving sometime today. I can hardly wait....not! I am very excited about the books I received this past week. All books were purchased on the recommendations of other book bloggers. At least if I have to be snowbound, I can read some good books, right?




First off is One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Where You Are by Ann Voskamp. I am very excited about this book! I am going to try and follow along with the reading and discussion over at (in)courage. There is still time to join in if you wish to. Ann Voskamp will be in on the discussion also. I am very excited. I am sure the inside of this book will be as beautiful as it's cover.

Next up is Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. I love Nicholas Sparks' books and my mom loves them also. I have heard this book is a bit different from his usual so I am curious about it.

Next up is a book I saw on a blog or two and it really spoke to me, plus I really love that cover. It's No Secret: Revealing Divine Truths Every Woman Should Know by Rachel Olson.

And because I needed an inexpensive book to get free shipping on Amazon(like I need an excuse to buy a book!) I found Magnolia Wednesdays by Wendy Wax. It was on my wishlist and was bargain priced.

What books made their way into your home?

Now I am off to tackle the crowds at the grocery store, get my hair done(no snow is gonna stop me from losing my gray hair today!) and pick my daughter up from school this afternoon. Yes, we have school! It is Wisconsin after all! I hope the kiddos get home before the blizzard starts. Tomorrow, I have declared a snow day here regardless. I am sure school will be called off if we get the 2-3 feet of snow they are predicting.

8 comments:

  1. Great books, you have some good reading ahead and they make a very pretty picture. They all have beautiful covers. all together they make a lovely picture. My mailbox fun is here: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8545939-drinking-closer-to-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Ontario and they're predicting 25-35 cm of snow here starting around midnight. I'm with you- if I'm going to be snowed in, I may as well have lots of great books to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, It looks like you'll have some good ones to keep you entertained for a while....enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your thoughts on Safe Haven. I used to enjoy Sparks, but I've grown tired of his books over the years. Maybe I just needed some time away from them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Magnolia Wednesdays last year and loved it. In fact, it was one of only a few that got a 4.5 out of 5 rating. I hope you love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. never too late to post mailbox.

    Nice books and I love the cover for Wendy Wax's book.

    Enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth, I hope you enjoy It's No Secret. I pray it inspires you in your walk with Christ!

    Enjoy the books and the beauty of the snow.

    Warmly ~ Rachel

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so please feel free to leave them!