12 hours ago
Saturday, October 17, 2015
I really got a late start after sleeping in a bit this morning. It was rough night at work last night. I ran my weekend errands first and then started reading. My plan was to read most of the night but I forgot we have dog class tomorrow morning. Hopefully I will get some reading done before bed time.
1. What are you reading right now? Morning Glory by Sarah Jio
2. How many books have you read so far? 0
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? The book I am reading, The illustrated Harry Potter, and the audiobook of Go Set A Watchman.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Dexter is a huge distraction. He hates anything that takes my attention away from him. He got a new ball today and has had lots of extra treats.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? The amount of people participating amazes me! I think it is fantastic to see how the Read-a-thon has grown!
I am going to be participating in Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon again this year. It is by far my favorite readathon. I do have errands to run this morning so I won't be starting until I get them done. It's a great day for reading..cool, and crisp. The perfect day to curl up in my favorite sweats and read!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Chilly Southeastern Wisconsin
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? It's a across between The Illustrated Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling and the audiobook of Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I am throwing some chicken and dumplings in the crockpot this morning. I miss home cooked meals since I work nights.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am a mom to three fantastic adult children. We have a 10 month old puppy named Dexter who keeps us extremely busy these days.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? My goal is to read when I can and to just have fun.
I will be back in a bit after running errands.
Thursday, October 15, 2015
I am here...kind of. It has been a long time dear friends. I didn't mean to vanish off the planet but life happened. What have I been up to since last year?
My mother turned 90 this year. It has not been an easy year for her. Cancer is back and there is not much that can be done. She is doing good but some days are harder than others.
February was a rough month. We said good bye to my Mother-in-Law and our dear dog, Jake. It was a very sad month. I still miss them both. My mother-in-law was always full of interesting stories and was a real character. Jake took a big part of my heart with him. Some days I still cry for him. He was my guy!
Our home was empty without a dog so we adopted this little guy. We named him Dexter. He was rescued from down south. He was brought up on a transport of puppies from a kill shelter. He has been quite the handful but he does bring life and joy to our home. We were told he was a hound mix and would be 80-100 pounds when full grown. Lucky for us they were wrong. We have no clue what he is. He is now 10 months and is around 46 pounds.
There hasn't been much reading going on here. I am still working full time, second shift. I have been feeling the void of not reading and blogging. I am not sure how much I will be around but I am going to try to get back into the swing of things. I have some books that I am excited to get to and I am trying out Audible.
I hope to check out everyone's blogs. I do glance at blogs through feedly and/or Bloglovin. I sure have missed you all and I look forward to catching up!